• Anikan

Abort i Sverige och Europa

Hej Everyone!
    I'm Annika and I study Media Management and Journalism in Germany and I currently research Abortion in Europe. Since Sweden is one of the most liberal Countries, according to statistics, I would love to get some swedish voices on the topic. 
    I'd be happy if you're willing to share your experiences and opinions with me, you can also stay anonynous if you wish to.

All the best,
    Annika

• Svar på tråden Abort i Sverige och Europa
  • Anonym (Sorla)

What exactly is it that you want to know?

I am Swedish and I believe we have much too liberal laws. It should be more like in Finland in my opinion: abortions up until week 12, and after that there needs to be a good reason for an abortion if it's to be approved.

I have had an abortion myself. Week 7. Surgical kind. Never, ever again! 

• Anonym (l)

I think our laws are quite good. There can be some time to find out the pregnancy and then there is the hassle of getting appointments to check how far along, seeing a counselor, decide if to abort and then actually having it.

Yes some abortions are very late but they have to get special permission and there arent many that actually do it that late. And if many are because the baby have circumstances that will not make a good/any life.

• Anikan

I'm really interested in the Stigma of having an abortion since Sweden is liberal and many swedes are promoting this liberty towards "my body my choice". 

So in particular: do you have any experiences with pro life  activists harrasing you? Do you know about their activities in sweden?

Did you feel comfortable talking to family and/or friends about your decision? Did you have support from  your social contacts?

Did you feel understood by your doctor or did you feel negative emotions (not enough information provided/ judged)?

I think it's really interesting that you feel like the laws in Sweden should be more strict. Can you elaborate why you feel that way? 
    Isn't it "other bodies other choices"? Why do you think stricter rules are important? at the end you want to restrict other people with these laws, who's stories you'll probably never know. So why do you feel concerned about this? 

• Anonym (l)
    Anikan skrev 2022-12-07 16:18:46 följande:

So in particular: do you have any experiences with pro life  activists harrasing you? Do you know about their activities in sweden?

They arent standing outside the hospitals here. Sometimes they do stand in bigger cities with giant signs of fetuses, very gross and just stupid.

Most I know that have had a abortion get support from their friends mostly, its just private and many dont feel like telling their parents but if needed it will happen. I wouldnt be judged if I told my family about a abortion but I dont see the need to.

Svar på tråden Abort i Sverige och Europa