• Lilith74

Svenskar på Irland del V

Herregud. Vad sysslar din kära sambo med, Irrajk? Tycker han att det är tufft att förolämpa mig på iriska?

Synd att tråden skulle spåra ur så totalt. Jag har alltid känt att vi behöver ett fora att träffas och prata i när vi är ledsna eller glada. Men det fick vi tydligen inte.

• Lilith74

Vi hade olika åsikter, jag hade mycket hård kritik mot Irland och jag kan förstå att man kan bli arg om man sitter utomlands och längtar hem.
    Men det var sambon som sysslade med personangrepp om gäss och annat. Jag har efter flera tillsägelser här på FL tvingat mig själv att skilja på sak och person i debatterna, skriva "du har fel" men inte "du är dum". Det ör en viktig skillnad som det tar tid att lära sig.

• Lilith74

To a certain point I can understand that you feel upset over us/me complaining with Ireland. I'm deadly homesick and suffer from insomnia since long time due to me longing back to Sweden and I do paint a romantic picture of the land back home.

I have in periods trouble seeing positive things with Ireland. I suppose the newspapers don't so much to change the dark picture (I seriously don't read tabloids!). Healtcare, schools, care for elderly, general health, crime - all are problem areas in Ireland. Not to say they are not in Sweden! But I don't live in Sweden. I don't discuss problem areas in Sweden. I live - partly against my own will - in Ireland.

At the same time the moaning has become standard even with the Irish. I had my daughter born in Cork and enjoyed FANTASTIC post-natal care for me and neo natal care for her. Even the ante-natal care was great - and I went public. I'm telling you (and everyone else) the care for pregnant and babies here is way superiour to Sweden. Do I get surprised or not then when Irish women are dismissing my praise, insisting all is crap in Ireland!? Sure that's based on their experience but I would expect them to take it in and feel proud or at least accept my experience as a great example, but they don't.

It's a little bit do as the Jones or however the saying goes. The Irish are behind on many areas (of natural reasons, Brits, famine, war, Eamonn de Valera, catholic church, The Troubles, The 80:s), they do try and get things together, but are slower than countries like Sweden (who haven't had a war in 197 years + have great natural resources) or Norway (with their oil).
    But that's what we compare to! It is unfair, no doubt about that, but try and see our background here.

I'm from a middle class family in Stockholm, from a large warm house, from a school with free lunches, from a university environment without fees and with generous lending and grants for students, for a health care that is free, free dentists up until your 19, from the best roads in Europe, from the country most advanced in environmental issues. From a country where smacking children have been illegal for a generation. We will never be able to make a fair comparision with Ireland.
    In saying that we might be able to inspire Ireland and contribute our own way. I'd like to see it as a strenght rather than a problem.

• Lilith74

Nån som vet var man kan hitta mjuka långkalsonger till sin bebis? Det börjar ju bli iskallt och hon måste ju ha något under byxorna.

• Lilith74

Sorry abt this, Irrajks sambo, but I just finished a phone conversation with an irish girl living in Dundrum, she has experienced the exactly same thing as me in traffic. She used to commute to North Dublin and THREE times in three years it happened that cars behind her drove into the back of her car, once to "speed her up", that was on the Naas road, the other two times in junctions when they thought she should have gone out.
    Is it your opinion that she is talking rubbish and is just trying to slander Irish drivers as well?

She reported one of them straight away but haven't heard a word about it since, that was 2,5 years ago now.

En anledning till att det gått så snett och är så mycket våld på Irland är väl att storstadsghetton tillåtits, där den sociala kontrollen är minimal och myndighetskontrolen ännu mindre. Jag för min del tror att det alltid blir problem på sikt när man kombinerar enorma barnaskaror + sträng religion + liberal alkoholpolitik. Det ÄR inte lika illa i Sverige och kommer kanske aldrig att bli det. Man behöver alltså inte varje gång säga att Sverige är lika illa när någon tar upp något dåligt med Irland.

• Lilith74

hej Solo, nu har jag fått reda på att det finns i alla stora kedjor i Sverige. Jag tycker att strumpbyxor är så kliiga, jag vill hellre att hon ska ha bomull. Jag har skickat en förfrågan till släkten i Sverige, får se om någon förbarmar sig.

• Lilith74

Irrajk: jag hoppas och tror att det går mot vettigare värdering ar på Irland. Jag tror faktiskt det, se så mycket som hänt på bara tio år. Tex. syn på ensamma mammor, homosexuella, preventivmedel. 1973 tyckte 70% att sex före äktenskapet alltid var fel, nu är den siffran nere på 6%. Å andra sidan kanske det är dumt om Irland förlorar alla sina traditionella värderingar, men jag tror att samhället blir öppnare och bättre på sikt.

• Lilith74

Folk tror ju att 80 betyder att de måste köra MINST 80...
    Sedan den här konstiga och vanliga undanflykten att "vägarna är dåliga" - hur kan man skylla på vägen för att man krockar?
    Är vägen dålig får man ju köra långsammare. Är det dimma, mörker och regn får man sakta ned.
    Min körlärare i Stockholm sade alltid att varje olycka alltid är ens eget fel, det finns inget att skylla på menade han. Å andra sidan kan man ju inte hjälpa om någon plötsligt kör över på en egen körbana från motsatt håll. Men VÄGEN och vädret går det inte att skylla på.

• Lilith74

Irrajks sambo: I know that Saoirse means freedom. I have studied Irish as an adult, unlike most Irish.

I find it odd that you give out about your partners family on a public website like this. Does your partner know about it?
    It seem to be common among Irish fellas to worship their own mums but dislike their partners family. Then when you meet the worshipped Irish mum she is usually a very normal, half-boring old woman.

Do you really belive that the conservatives or the alliance will sort things out in Sweden? I disagree totally with about everything you write, oddly enough.

I'm starting a new thread in a couple of days and I like to keep that thread for Swedes in Ireland and keep the tone on a nicer level than it has been in this thread.

Svar på tråden Svenskar på Irland del V