• Meenu

Winter Clothing

Hi,

I am new to Sweden.......So, not much Idea about Swedish winter and language. Need advice/guidance for my 16 months old daughter winter clothing (Very soon she is going to start daycare). We live in Lilla Essingen surrounded by sea. Most of outdoor time she spend in daycare while playing near sea.

I can see there are many options are available in market like Fleece jackets, Merino wool Tops and pants, cotton Tops and pants, Sweat pants/Tops, Sweaters, winter overalls. 

Dear parents, I need your advice about dressing my child for Outdoors and Indoors in daycare. Is Cotton tops and pants are sufficient for Indoor in daycare or Sweat shirt/pants or Merino Wool would be better. And, for Outdoors, Merino wool inner wears or cotton/sweatshirts then Fleece jacket under winter overall.
     I have already purchased Didriksons Winter overall. But I am not the sure about the clothing under that in winters.

Please advice.

• Svar på tråden Winter Clothing
  • elyse

In Stockholm it usually doesn't get very cold, like below -20. And if it does I doubt the daycare will spend hours outside... Look for good shoes. Make sure your daughter can walk well in them. Åhléns has a good selection of mittens and hats. A hat you tie under the chin usually has the best fit. A scarf which is more like a collar. Oh, and mitten clips. (I bought ours at Polarn&Pyret). You put them on before the overall and attach them in the sweater. Regular clothes and a fleece set (Sweater and pants) to go underneath the overall is enough.

• Margaux

Hello!!
    My experience is that the staff in daycare don't change ALL the clothes from inside out. So for days in daycare I would choose fine merino wool long sleeve/ leggings/ stockings. As for not needing to wash this every day a t-shirt or dress over. As a mid layer you can choose from fleece or wool, polyester fleece is cheaper....
    Most important is to have wool closest to the body as it keeps warm even when wet. Socks in particular....
    Fleece or wool neck "tube" or a Balaclava. I like Reima a lot for the balaclavas.....
    Rubber boots like Cherrox on wet days and Gore-Tex boots on colder winter days.
    Gloves are tricky with the small ones... I like Polarn & Pyret and Hestra. Ask in the shop....
    Good luck!!

Svar på tråden Winter Clothing