• AlexanderFionov

Help to check swedish gramma in the translation

Hello! I have finished a translation of russian song into swedish. Yana Budyanskaya is the author of this song. This translation is published under the permission of author. 

I like this song in Russian very much. And this translation is my gift to Yana. I would be very greatful to all who could say where are mistakes or misprints in the swedish text. Many thanks to all who answered to my previous questions about translations. I hope that this translation could help to Yana to be well known npt only in Russia but also abroad. Yana Budyanskaya is very talented singer! IMHO

Den Ensamma Duvan

Då kan inte jag förstå, vad jag gjorde fel mot dig
    Ville vara jag din vän, förstår du mig
    Du gick ut och stängde dörr, en snöstorm är i min själ
    Om något går fel, min vän, förlåt du mig 

Den ensamma duvan på ett fönster utanför
    Tittar in på mig och knackar på
    Kanske kommer du till mig också
    Du ska förstå, du ska förstå.

Hoppades du bli min vän, men du kunde ej att sa
    Och blygsamma ord från dig jag hörde då
    Kunde inte jag förstå, överallt den vintern var
    Vet du att jag väntar väl på dig ändå.

• Svar på tråden Help to check swedish gramma in the translation
  • Aniiee
    AlexanderFionov skrev 2021-02-08 23:00:40 följande:

Hello! I have finished a translation of russian song into swedish. Yana Budyanskaya is the author of this song. This translation is published under the permission of author. 

I like this song in Russian very much. And this translation is my gift to Yana. I would be very greatful to all who could say where are mistakes or misprints in the swedish text. Many thanks to all who answered to my previous questions about translations. I hope that this translation could help to Yana to be well known npt only in Russia but also abroad. Yana Budyanskaya is very talented singer! IMHO

Den Ensamma Duvan

Iäll listen to the song and try to re-write a little, because your translation is so-so. For example "Ville vara jag din vän" is wrong. Swedish doesn't work like that. "Jag ville vara din vän" would be correct. And again you have "dörr" just floating. Any old "dörr", right, not a specific one..... That whole line also makes no sense in a storytelling/coherency way, but there you might claim poetic license.

It also looks like you've skipped verses, staring with a "då". Like... "where's the beginning of the song?". I know there is nothing before that line, but it's the impression you get. Also, the word "ska" at the end of the second verse might come off too strong. It's like a demand. "Du ska förstå", "I demand that you understand" Also, even though it looks like it, "också" doesn't actually rhyme with "på" or "förstå". Well, again, it might if you're a bit forgiving/poetic license.

First line of the third verse makes very little sense. Actually, most of that verse makes very little sense. 

Oh, well, I'll have a listen. Again, my Rusian is... well, frankly rather bad so I'm mainly just going of your translation, and I'll try to work it around in my head....
    Gamla matvaror i kylen? Först får de päls, sen börjar de morra och SEN går de ut.
  • Aniiee

Btw, what's the original, Russian title of the song? Using romans?

Gamla matvaror i kylen? Först får de päls, sen börjar de morra och SEN går de ut.
  • AlexanderFionov

There is the whole text, three verses and three choruses. First and third verses are identical.

Den Ensamma Duvan

• AlexanderFionov

Concerning the sense. It is a pop. What is the sense of the pop?

I loved you, you loved me, we have made a mistake, now we are not together, we cry together, I am waiting for you,but you do not come to me...

It is very simple sense. But we like not only the sense, but we like the melody and the voice... And the person who sings, of course :)

• AlexanderFionov

I shall think about your comments. How I could improve the sense. I understand that the order of swedish words is very important (concerning your comment on "ville jag"). The Russian language allows more free order of words and is flexible. Unfortunately my Swedish has to be better :) but I am trying to improve my language knowledge.

• AlexanderFionov

I shall think about your comments. How I could improve the sense. I understand that the order of swedish words is very important (concerning your comment on "ville jag"). The Russian language allows more free order of words and is flexible. Unfortunately my Swedish has to be better :) but I am trying to improve my language knowledge.

Svar på tråden Help to check swedish gramma in the translation