• Optil

Varför struntar NATO i att rädda kristna i Mellanöstern?

I Syrien är det Ryssarna som kristna ursprungsbefolkningen är tacksamma, i Irak är efter USAs och dess allierade nästan all kristen ursprungsbefolkning utrotad, NATO gör inget för att rädda dom. Varför?

• Svar på tråden Varför struntar NATO i att rädda kristna i Mellanöstern?
  • Optil
    ?Christianity in Syria is under threat from forces the West is supporting?

Two thousand years of Christianity in Syria could be wiped out by the very forces Western governments are supporting, an Anglican vicar has claimed.

Rev. Andrew Ashdown, who has made ten trips to Syria since 2014 and is studying for a PhD in relations between Christians and Muslims there, also accused Western nations and Western church leaders of ?neglecting? Syrian Christians.

Rev. Ashdown travelled to Syria in April with a group that included Anglican Canon Giles Fraser, Baroness Cox, Bishop Michael Langrish and Dr. Erica Hunter, an expert on Middle Eastern Christianity from London University?s School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS). The group was criticised for not cancelling the visit, which took place hours after British, French and American pilots carried out an airstrike on alleged chemical weapons facilities run by the regime of President Bashar al-Assad. The airstrike, near Homs, was ordered in response to a suspected chemical weapons attack and was backed by EU foreign ministers.

Addressing an audience at SOAS, Rev. Ashdown said many Syrians viewed Christians as vital for maintaining the balance in Syria?s pluralist society. He quoted a Muslim writer in Damascus, who had told him: ?I speak to you as a Muslim. Go back to your country and tell your country not to worry about us Muslims, but tell your country to worry about the Christians, because if your country gets rid of Assad and militants win this conflict, Christians will be destroyed in Syria. And Syria will be destroyed. And next will be Europe.?

The speakers challenged the stance of Western governments that have wanted Assad to step down as a pre-condition to peace talks, and are backing Sunni rebel groups believed to be moderate and pro-democracy. However their stance against Assad, who is backed by Russia, has softened as the war has dragged on. A spokesperson from the UK Foreign Office told World Watch Monitor on 8 June that the UK is committed to using diplomatic means to ?achieve a political settlement that ? provides stability for all Syrians and the wider region?, adding: ?There needs to be a transition to a new, inclusive, non-sectarian government that can protect the rights of all Syrians and unite the country.?

?I speak to you as a Muslim. Go back to your country and tell your country not to worry about us Muslims, but tell your country to worry about the Christians, because if your country gets rid of Assad and militants win this conflict, Christians will be destroyed in Syria. And Syria will be destroyed. And next will be Europe.?
    www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2018/06/christianity-in-syria-is-under-threat-from-forces-the-west-is-supporting/

Svar på tråden Varför struntar NATO i att rädda kristna i Mellanöstern?