• Sat 21 Jan 2023 12:53
    1812 visningar
    5 svar

Name

Hey! I am expecting a baby girl and at the moment we are thinking of two names Aria and Amara. How do this names sound in Swedish and which ine would you chose? Any other suggestions are welcomed.

• Svar på tråden Name
  • Sat 21 Jan 2023 14:28

Both names could work in Sweden! I like Amara better than Aria.
    Other suggestions: Vanessa, Vendela, Amelia, Olivia, Dahlia, Eira

• Sat 21 Jan 2023 16:26

They both work fine in swedish, but they might often  be pronounced with a harder more rolling R in swedish instead of the soft english R. I like Aria!

• Magica­l
    Sat 21 Jan 2023 16:38

I have never heard any of them here in Sweden. 
    Tamara is what I think of when I read Amara. 

Aria is (in my ears) not a real name, but if you like music, opera, you can always claim that is the reason for your choice of name Glad

Both are possible for Swedish people to pronounce, so that is not a problem, but I think more people than me, will first think they are not "proper" names. 

• Sat 21 Jan 2023 22:19
    Annajack skrev 2023-01-21 12:53:12 följande:
    Name

Hey! I am expecting a baby girl and at the moment we are thinking of two names Aria and Amara. How do this names sound in Swedish and which ine would you chose? Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Super cute names, of those two I prefer Aria. They will work just fine in Sweden.
    A suggestion could be "Aniara" after a Swedish poem.
  • Sun 22 Jan 2023 14:39

Both work ok since they are not swedish(but also not too weird or unknown) and thus not have a swedish pronunciation to be mixed up with.

Jag är Narcissus, en fåfäng fakir SAVE ME KAIZER!
Svar på tråden Name