• Lenday

My Ex is demanding money

My issue is that my ex wife as now after 4 years demanded a rather large sum of money. The history here is that about 16 - 17 years ago we both borrowed a sum (I am not sure of the exact sum of money) from my ex wife's mother for the down payment to an apartment. I then started to pay off the sum each month for about a year then my ex wife's mother said that we did not have to pay the rest of the loan. The rest of the loan was a gift. I unfortunately do not have any paperwork and there was never a written agreement made for anything agreed. My ex wife's mother has passed away so we can no longer seek conformation of the verbal agreement. A few years ago we got divorced and both agreed and signed the bodelning with an attorney which was then submitted with the divorce papers to the court. What is the chances I will be taken to court and made to pay the very large sum of money. 

• Svar på tråden My Ex is demanding money
  • SWO

Since no papers are written about the loan, your ex has no claim herself at anything.

Yes, the bank may see transfers from the mother to you but also from you to the mother. They will then see that the payments stoped - this may show them that some was agreed upon (in your case that you agreed the rest of the money was gifted to you).

In any case - don't sweat it. You had your divorce. All those papers are in order (right?). 4 years is a long time - why didn't she open this claim then? The the mother pass away recently?

SWO

• Physalis

Im no expert but I wouldnt worry too much. You can seek legal counselling if you want to calm yourself, many has one hour for free. Otherwise you can wait and see if she tries to take any legal action against you before you do that. She probably knows that she has nothing but will try and scare you.

Korrekturläser som en kratta
Svar på tråden My Ex is demanding money