• AlexanderFionov

Help to translate "mila"

Please, help to understand the word "mila" in Dan Anderssons Kolvaktaren visor. I met this word in:

Gengångare
    Är du ensam vid din mila i din koja i kväll,

and in:
    Jag väntar...
    Jag väntar vid min mila medan timmarna lida

I can not find this word in dictionaries.
    I have found that it is the number of thousands, but this meaning is not good for translation of Anderssons verses.

• Svar på tråden Help to translate "mila"
  • Minimalen

Törs inte ens tänka på hur det ska gå om han försöker sig på "Visa i molom" med tanke på alla konstiga krystade ord som Hambe har hittat på.

• AlexanderFionov

Thank you very much! It is interesting, that Mila is a russian name, as well as Lida or Rita. And of course this give new colors in words meaning. 

• AlexanderFionov

Thank you very much! It is interesting, that Mila is a russian name, as well as Lida or Rita. And of course this give new colors in words meaning. 

• AMCG

Alexander, your interest in old Swedish songs and texts is lovely. Continue with your translations!

• AlexanderFionov

Thank you very much! I was several times in Sweden and it was very nice! My dream is to visit Sweden again but it is difficult. I can at least to touch swedish culture through traditional songs. I want to sing all swedish songs which I have translated. Now there are 16 songs. This will be whole album!  You can see my translations on address:
    stihi.ru/avtor/fionov&book=1#1

• Magical
    AlexanderFionov skrev 2020-11-29 10:27:09 följande:

But that is depending on the context.

Mila in this context is not a name, so your ideas on that makes no real sense. I'm sure there are words in every language that happen to correlate with names, because people found the words nice and chose them for their children. 
  • Minimalen

In some versions the sing "Jag väntar vid min stockeld" in the beginning and "Jag väntar vid min mila" in the end.

Svar på tråden Help to translate "mila"