Inlägg från: AlexanderFionov |Visa alla inlägg
  • AlexanderFionov

Help to translate Måltidssång by Bellman

I am translating Maltidssang to Russian. I have translated all but I can not understand the next:
    Och du, som med en ärlig min
    Plär dina vänner häda jämt
    Och dem förtalar vid ditt vin,
    Och det liksom på skämt,
    Och du, som ej försvarar dem,
    Fästän ur deras flaskor, du,
    Du väl kan slicka dina fem,
    Vad svarar du väl nu?

I understand all words but I can not understand the phrases. Can you explain me please? 

TRÅDSTARTARENS TILLÄGGSKOMMENTAR 2020-11-25 11:21
    I unerstand that Fästän must be replaced by Fastän. I need to understand whole text. Why somebody can "slicka fem"? "Slicka" the vine from bottles? Why?

Also I can not fully understand the phrase

Och sen med en ovänlig min
    Ryck remmaren ur hans trut!

In particular, I can not understand the sentence "Ryck remmaren ur hans trut". Is it idiomatic phrase? What is the meaning of it?

• Svar på tråden Help to translate Måltidssång by Bellman
  • AlexanderFionov

Thank you very much for explanations!
    I want to translate Maltidssang equirhythmically into Russian so that to sing it on Russian using original melody. I have already translated several songs, and you can see my translations on the page stihi.ru/avtor/fionov&book=1#1
    Also I published them on my FB page, together with figures, made by a professional painter. I plan to publish a book. 
    And now I have translated almost all Maltidssang, but without one this fragment. 
    Concerning remmare and trut, I have correctly understood the meaning, thank you for explanation!

• AlexanderFionov

Concerning the phrase "Plär dina vänner häda jämt"
    Is it correct, that "
    Plär" means "Plägar"
    Like "tar" means "tagar"?
    Answer, please!  It is very interesting!

• AlexanderFionov

Thank you very much for all! I have completed the translation! It is interesting that the word "remmare" is absent in dictionaries. And I have reconsidered the sence of the phrase
    Du, vid din remmare och press
    Rödbrusig och med hatt på sned,

I thought that "press" means a device for printing books and the phrase is about the press worker. But he is an drinker, not the worker. And I changed my translation according to new meaning.

• AlexanderFionov

I think that a press is necessary for juice preparation. Then juice has to be transformed to vine. So, there is no vine directly from the press. But testing the ready vine is reasonable. 

• AlexanderFionov

Thank you for your advice. I can not draw pictures myself, I asked professional painter to do this for money. Now this work has been completed. Maybe in the future I shall ask the painter to draw a picture for Maltidssang, if my book project will be commercially successful.

Svar på tråden Help to translate Måltidssång by Bellman