• Fri 27 Nov 2020 11:14
    728 visningar
    18 svar

My verse in Swedish

AlexanderFionov skrev 2020-11-26 23:34:38 följande:

Thank you very much! But is it possible to write 

Du är min bästa kvinnan?

I prefer to write "min" instead of "den"
    Can you explain in english what you want to express with those words? Maybe we can help you phrase it so it has the right meaning.

Because as LasseBD explained you are now implying that you have several women and she is the best one of them. Like you would have said "this is my best pair of shoes".
    Korrekturläser som en kratta
  • Fri 27 Nov 2020 11:14
    AlexanderFionov skrev 2020-11-26 23:34:38 följande:

Thank you very much! But is it possible to write 

Du är min bästa kvinnan?

I prefer to write "min" instead of "den"
    Can you explain in english what you want to express with those words? Maybe we can help you phrase it so it has the right meaning.

Because as LasseBD explained you are now implying that you have several women and she is the best one of them. Like you would have said "this is my best pair of shoes".
  • Fri 27 Nov 2020 15:45
    AlexanderFionov skrev 2020-11-27 15:17:15 följande:

I would like to ask - is it correct grammatically to say:

"Du är min bästa kvinnan"

Or I have to say:

"Du är min bäst kvinnan"

If the first expression is incorrect and must be replaced to second one then my verse is bad :( because the rhythm becomes to be broken.

"Du är min bästa kvinna" as you wrote it in the beginning is grammaticly correct. Since you really want to say that she is the best woman you've met and the rhythm is important the way it is, then I think you have found the best way to say it for your poem.
Svar på tråden My verse in Swedish