Inlägg från: Hotaru |Visa alla inlägg
  • Hotaru

Kan AMS tvinga en att flytta om man har familj och sambo med jobb?

Yes,

You can absolutely be cut off from Akassa for not taking a job even if the job is so far away from your home that you cannot travel daily or even weekly to see your family. I ended up in the exact situation. My husband manages his own company and we have children together. I was offered a job in an area 6 hours from where we currently live. I explained that my family cannot come with me because I don?t have a place for my daughter to go to school in the new area yet, and I also explained that moving would mean my husband would lose his job if he came with me., since he would have to close down his business. The akassa said I needed to decided which of us was going to take our children and that if I didn?t accept the job my akassa would be canceled. I explained that the situation was ridiculous. I asked how they can expect my kids to not live with both parents and how I can explain to my young children that their mother has to move away for work or lose akassa. I ended up not taking the job offer and was cut off from akassa.

The akassa agency has rules they must follow and they cannot and will not consider your situation. If you can get a doctors note explaining that a particular job is bad for your health then you can sometimes get an exception. I was not able to get this type of letter before I had to give an answer to the potential employer and was therefore cut off.

The truth is that if you end up unemployed and on akassa you have almost no rights and are just another number in the system. They don?t care if you have kids or not. My advice would be if you are forced into the same situation as me to just suck it up and go without the money from akassa if you can manage. Also, if you live in a larger city they are usually okay with you applying to jobs only in that area, since that is where most of the jobs are anyways. Breaking up families is not illegal from what I was told by all the agencies involved. Arbetsformedling sided with my akassa and said I should have chosen the job over my family and therefore reported that I deserved the cancellation of my unemployment.

Your family should always come first. That is all I am going to say. This is especially true in your situation where children are involved.

Svar på tråden Kan AMS tvinga en att flytta om man har familj och sambo med jobb?